I am passionate about helping individuals build positive relationships and have more meaningful and productive conversations across their differences.
I weave my experience in conflict management, intercultural communication, and organizational effectiveness into my approach for leaders who want to develop a more wholistic and strategic approach to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging for their teams and workplace.
Tara is a professional mediator, group facilitator, and educator who weaves together a background in government relations and collaborative problem-solving with expertise in intergroup dynamics and intercultural communication processes to help individuals and organizations learn how to work better together.
Tara is a highly sought-after consultant and a dynamic speaker known for helping audiences engage, get inspired, and walk away with ready-to-implement solutions for their professional challenges. Tara has been named a “Top 10 Speaker” by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) International Conference, has published several journal articles on conflict management and DEI, serves as adjunct faculty at several colleges and universities, and writes her own blog.
Education and Certifications
- Master of Science in Public Administration (Wilmington University)
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communication (Arizona State University)
- Certified Culture Facilitator, Int’l Institute for Facilitation (INIFAC)
- Certified Virtual Facilitator, Int’l Institute for Facilitation (INIFAC)
- Mental Health First Aid Certification
- Reflective Dialogue Facilitator Certification
- Mediator Certification
On a Personal Note
Tara lives in Maryland with her husband and two kids, who keep her running. When she has the time, she enjoys traveling, reading, artistic pursuits, and anywhere she can see the beach.